Saturday, August 4, 2012

Vampire Life :(

So for the last couple weeks, I've been going through withdrawal from my methimazole, the medicine that slows down how much iodine my thyroid takes in . I've had terrible pounding headaches in both my temples, some pain in my left, rashes, increased anxiety, but some good news is that the tremor in my hands are basically gone now . On top of all that, I lost my ibuprofen ! Way to go Erial . My appetite has seriously took a downfall, I used to have such an appetite and end up losing weight, not gaining a pound ! You make think that's fun but, uh no, it's really not . You gain the weight back and then your clothes don't fit right and then it's just a complete mess ! Oh and I found out why my stomach was burning this morning ! According to my grandmother Dr. Wilson (bahahaha), I haven't been eating enough, but my digestive system is still working so it's basically eating my stomach lining -_- and even when I don't feel hungry, I need to keep something in my stomach . Otherwise, i'll be vomiting bile, that just sounds nasty .. I found that my muscle cramps and muscle aches are also because of my withdrawal and that in some patients, loss of muscle tissue can actually occur ! I think I need to drink some milk, or better yet, ICE CREAM !!!! Haha :D . Ugh well I have to get up at 6 to get ready to leave at 7:30 with Beverly && her family to Bessemer . A two hour car ride is deff not ideal for right now considering I get 4 to 6 hours of a sleep a day . School's about to start and I KNOW I won't be able to function while going through withdrawal and this my senior year, the year that counts the most ! I have to get it together and persevere and strive to do my best even though this thyroid disease tries it's hardest to bring me down, with that said, i'm going to ATTEMPT to go to sleep . Remember that when life knocks you down on your knees, your in the perfect position to pray .
Saturday August 4, 2012 3:55  a.m. CDT

No comments:

Post a Comment