Friday, August 10, 2012

No More Medication !

Well as of yesterday, I'm not on any medications ! My heart rate was 86bpm and my blood pressure was fine so he told me I didn't have to take my heart and blood pressure anymore . He told me I have to start coming back for regular blood tests to make sure my thyroid levels are going back to normal but in a few months, I may have to start taking medicine to replace part of my thyroid that was killed off . But as of right now, i'm good ! I actually do feel better and I feel like I can do more stuff . Since my thyroid is still kind of messed up, it making me gain weight then losing weight over and over again ! It does suck when you don't know what size clothes to get anymore because one week you gain five pounds and the next week you lose ten . I just wish the weight would stay off . I'll end up gaining weight if my thyroid gets hypoactive so I've already started exercising and watching what I eat so that I won't gain too much weight . I'm happy to finally feel like normal again and i'm blessed to feel like this right now . When I got my blood drawn yesterday, I didn't even feel it ! I told my nurse one day, I'll be strong enough to watch you draw my blood, just not today lol . She laughed at me and said atleast your not holding your mom's hand or crying, I was like yeah , i'm a big girl now ! Lol . I'm waiting on my next doctor's appointment next month so he can tell me what my TSH levels are and what range their in . The night before I went to the doctor, I prayed to God to tell the doctor to give me some good news and he came through on it . Since I was on medication , my mama would buy me this huge Hawaiian Punch to take my medicine with since I couldn't take it with water . When I woke up this morning, I was like OH SNAP ! I get to drink that Hawaiian Punch now since I don't have any medicine ! I filled my bottle all the way up to the top ! You feel me right ? I was sipping all on it ! Lol but anyways i'm glad that i'm still here living my life and encouraging people with the same disease as me that everyday isn't always bad, you do have good days and good news . It's not just bad news and bad days, I used to feel like that but now I know better . Hopefully I can spend more time with friends and not be sick and in bed all the time, I hope my senior year just flies on by :D ! If I didn't have this disease, I would've NEVER known how strong I could or would ever be ..
Friday August 10, 2012 4:12 p.m. CDT

No comments:

Post a Comment