Monday, October 1, 2012

Hyperactive Thyroid ? I Think Not !

Sorry I haven't been on in awhile ! I've been so preoccupied with school lately :/ . I got news from my doctor on Friday that my thyroid is no longer hyperactive :) . I started my levothyroxine <---(thyroid replacement hormone) Sunday . It's upsetting my stomach and I keep feeling the urge to throw up . It's also messing up my hormones . Since I've taken it, I just start crying for no reason out of nowhere ! I was just sitting here reading and started crying . I was like what is wrong with me ? Maybe it's just unreleased stress or tension trying to get out . But I kept crying and then I got in this mood where I didn't care about anything and I just wanted to hit people . Some of the side effects of the medicine are: fatigue, severe or persistent headache, excessive sweating, changes in appetite, nausea, vomiting, stomach cramps, diarrhea, joint pane, lowing bone mineral density, leg cramps, muscle weakness, seizures, tremors, shortness of breath, chest pain, fast or irregular heartbeat, trouble sleeping, anxiety, irritability, nervousness, unusual weight gain, weight loss, and changes in menstrual periods . I've already had ATLEAST half of these symptoms before I even started this medicine . My friends all tell me that their proud of me but they honestly have no idea what it's like to deal with this disease . You have to be SO strong, strong for yourself and everyone around you . You can't and won't let people know it's getting to you or how bad it hurts you everyday . And to think, I have this for the rest of my life -_- . I think this disease is a blessing and a curse though . It's a blessing because I never realized how strong I could be until I was diagnosed but it's also a curse because I have to deal with it every day of my life . I've lost so many people in my life because they just couldn't deal with my mood swings . I'm glad that I still have a few people in my life that will always be here for me and i'm glad I have one friend that has the same disease I do because she knows how I feel because she's already been here before . I actually feel better since my thyroid is trying to balance itself out . I'm just tired of being sick all the time . I've only missed two days of school so far and it's October *applause* . It's getting close to my one year anniversary of being diagnosed with Graves' Disease . I want to do something special for it but I have no idea what to do .. Well I have 25 days to decide . My senior year has been going good so far, 7 more months :D !! I bet a lot of you are wondering about my current relationship status ... Well as of right now i'm currently single but I do like someone at school :) haha . He makes me laugh and smile so hard my cheeks burn, oh and he's cute too ! Lol :) . I don't mind being single but after awhile, it gets old and you just want to have someone in your life to share stuff with you know ? It took me awhile to realize how old I actually am, i'm so close to being grown and i'm going to be starting college soon . I don't want to miss out on anything, especially dating . I'm going to be in school for 14 years so I'd rather meet someone now than wait until later because I definetely won't have time for them later . But it's hard to find someone who wants to be with someone who's going to be sick the rest of their life ... But anyways ! Changing the subject . Report cards go out Friday and i'm pretty sure i'm on the honor roll :D (yay me !) . Well I have journals to do for World History and a vocabulary test to study for in Foundations of Health Science so I have to go now . "If you can't handle me at my worst, you sure as heck don't deserve me at my best" . - Marilyn Monroe
Monday October 1, 2012 4:47 p.m. CDT

No comments:

Post a Comment